- 2007 is around the corner! I can't believe how fast 2006 went by. I thought I'd have my first WIP completed, but unfortunately I got stuck in the middle of the story and haven't made much progress in weeks. My critique pal, Denise "Chicki" Jones, has inspired me to really sit down and set goals for the coming year. With goals written down and in my face to inspire me on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, I hope to make some inroads with my writing and submissions this year.
Some of Denise's ideas that I think I'll adopt for myself are:
Completing one or two full manuscripts,
- Find an agent,
Participate in writing contests,
- Educate myself on marketing and promotional tactics,
- Renew my membership to RWA and Virginia Writing Group,
- Submit my finished manuscript to publishers, and
- Buy a laptop or Alphasmart (Dana).
Facing these goals in a list is daunting. But challenge is good! Thanks Denise!