Friday, December 29, 2006

A New Year is Coming

  • 2007 is around the corner! I can't believe how fast 2006 went by. I thought I'd have my first WIP completed, but unfortunately I got stuck in the middle of the story and haven't made much progress in weeks. My critique pal, Denise "Chicki" Jones, has inspired me to really sit down and set goals for the coming year. With goals written down and in my face to inspire me on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, I hope to make some inroads with my writing and submissions this year.

    Some of Denise's ideas that I think I'll adopt for myself are:

    Completing one or two full manuscripts,
  • Find an agent,
    Participate in writing contests,
  • Educate myself on marketing and promotional tactics,
  • Renew my membership to RWA and Virginia Writing Group,
  • Submit my finished manuscript to publishers, and
  • Buy a laptop or Alphasmart (Dana).

Facing these goals in a list is daunting. But challenge is good! Thanks Denise!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Those are great goals!

Why didn't you mention you had a blog before now???

Happy New Year!

Chelle Sandell said...

Good goals...I need to make and keep some myself! I guess I am not experienced enough to crit because I could relate to your wip and the argument with Jaime. Oh well. I am looking forward to chapter 2.

Happy New Year sweetie!!

Chelle

Anonymous said...

Hi there Angela!
Lol, did I just spoil the fun by reading the comments on your WIP? My crit coming out soon, promise!
Great blog btw. Lol, why didn't you say before now that you had one?
Btw, Denise sent you on the right track. Now we just need to poke and prod you so you remain on track!! You know we'll throw in some hugs along the way too!
Way to go girl!!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I inspired you. Zaynah's got the right idea, we should periodically check on each other to see how we're coming with our goals.

Thanks for reminding me about renewing my memberships. This year I think I'll just do Georgia Romance Writers. RWA National is a little too steep for me right now.