Monday, February 19, 2007

6 Weird Things about Me!

Thanks to Jennifer Shirk, now I have to add to the weird quotient:

1. I broke my tailbone while delivering my daughter eleven years ago. I had no clue at the time, but the next morning I woke up with the worst pain in my lower back. I complained to my OB and he blithely proclaimed, "Oh you probably cracked your tailbone pushing." I had no idea such a thing was possible but if you think about it, it makes sense. I got an x-ray and, yep, it was cracked. Even now on rainy days I wish I had a sling for my rump.

2. The day after receiving my driver's license at 16 and 8 months, I hit a pedestrian while driving to the library. Talk about horrifying! My mother was driving right behind me when she turned right to go home and I continued straight toward the library. As traffic backed up into the intersection because of a stopped car ahead. I changed lanes to get out the intersection before the light changed. As I was proceeding forward, a guy dashed from between the stopped car and a city bus. I slammed on the brakes but it was too late. I clipped the guy in the leg, throwing him up onto the hood and into my windshield. When my car jarred to a halt, he rolled to the ground and hit his head once more on a parked car. I freaked out royally! I'll never forget the look on his face and the shock in his eyes. I had plenty of witness since it was rush hour and folks were getting off from work. Someone from the crowd came over and got my mother's number and she got to the scene just as medics were putting the young man into the ambulance. He suffered a broken leg, cracked ribs and a concussion, but survived. Thanks God! BTW, he got a ticket for jaywalking.

3. I go to the hair salon every week. I hate washing my own hair and look forward to my weekly pampering session. I don't drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs. This and reading are my two obsessions.

4. I never had a date in high school. What a nerd I was!

5. My favorite television shows: from the 70s was Good Times, from the 80s was Dance Fever, from the 90s was The Cosby Show and now CSI.

6. Like Chicki Brown, I hate silence. My television even puts me to sleep at night. When I work I'm listening to my Sirius radio or Yahoo Launchcast or listening to the tv. When it's quiet I draw a blank.

4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Broke a tailbone during delivery! Yikes!!

Oh and liking Dance Fever IS weird. (Ha!)

Chicki Brown said...

Quote: "Even now on rainy days I wish I had a sling for my rump."

I've never heard of that! You were really trying to get that kid out of there! :)

I absolutely HATED "Good Times" but LOVED Cosby. I still watch the reruns every now and then.

These tag blogs are the most interesting ones!

Chelle Sandell said...

I'd like a sling for my rump...to lift it! We watched Good Times and Cosby too!

Dee Savoy said...

I agree with Chicki--ouch, ouch, ouch on that tailbone business. But I disagree with Jennifer. Dance Fever was the SHOW. I never missed it--except when I was out at the disco myself. I was a hustlin' fool.