Thursday, March 01, 2007

30 Days and Counting

Enough is enough!

It's been two years and I am quite sick of Kelis and Paxton. That's why I am setting a goal to finish their story, Can't Help But Love You, by the end of this month. I am so ready to move on to its sequel, Can't Get Enough, Briallen and Nathan's story.

I mean, how long should a long contemporary take to write? Certainly not two darn years. Throughout this two-year odyssey, I've gotten so much advice to not worry about the rules and just write. Advice I've had a difficult time following because I am such a perfectionist and worry-wart.

Well enough of the pity-party! Perfecting the story will occur during the editing process. Now my nose if to the grindstone.

4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

You can do it!! :)

Chicki Brown said...

I'm feeling you, sis! I love the story and can't wait to read the end. So get your nose to the grindstone and crank it out!!!

Chelle Sandell said...

Go go go..go girl, go girl! I was a good girl and took old chapters off onto a disc so I wouldn't keep editing them. Now I have to move on.

Bella said...

I feel you, girl. I'm back rewriting a story I finished last year when I'd like to start on the sequel, all because some agent (not mine) said the heroine wasn't likeable. Have a wonderful weekend.

Bella