Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's Nice to be Missed

Hello fellow bloggers, critique partners and friends,

It's amazing how many of you have noticed that I've been missing in action for a while. I've received a few emails and phone calls asking where I'd been.

Well I'm still here! What's been going on with me? Well, for short, not a lot of writing. My muse has simply packed her bags and moved out. And she didn't leave a Dear Angie letter nor a forwarding address. I've been searching for her everywhere, have practically been arrested for stalking, but she just won't come back to me. For weeks, I wrote her love notes, dreamed about some of the ideas she's given me in the past and even tried the Internet to see if I can "re-build" her. No luck! In fact the stress and frustration of trying to write may have even contributed to the MS attack that I suffered recently. After three days of IV steroids, I felt like I've been run over by a truck. No fun, let me tell you!

So finally I decided to live by the old "if you love something, set it free" adage and just chucked the whole search for a little while. I have all the confidence in the world that my muse will return once I relax and give myself the permission and time to appreciate the pleasure she brought to my life rather than continue to work myself into a lather over the fact that she just up and abandoned me without saying goodbye. The little diva!!

AJ

4 comments:

PatriciaW said...

You have to know what works for you, Angela but I just saw this on another blog and had to come back over here to post it:

Nora Roberts on the writing muse:
"If you need to believe in the muse, let’s say, fine and dandy. Whatever works for you. But don’t tell me you can’t work today because the muse has left you. Go track down that fickle slut, drag her back, chain her to your keyboard, and GET TO WORK."

Angela Jefferson said...

Patricia,

That Nora Roberts quote was great! So appropriate and timely! I'm definitely getting over the hump (with some really loving encouragement) and have been writing recently. No pressure!

Annie Doyle said...

Oh Angela
I'm SO there!!
And Patricia, I too, love that quote of Queen Nora's.
Friendly hugs to all,
Annie xx

Bella said...

Oh, Aggie, hang in there. We all go through blocks. Love Nora's quote.

Bella