Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Last Week in March

It's the last week of March, and it looks like I'm not going to meet my end of month deadline. I'm plenty bummed but I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm simply going to keep plugging away at the story and write, write, write!

One of my goals for 2007 is to participate in a contest or two. So this week I'm going to submit chapter one of Can't Help But Love You in the Virginia Romance Writers "Fool for Love" First Chapter Contest. C'mon ladies, join the contest too! The deadline for submissions is April 1st.

So with contest requirements in hand, I'm going to fine tune the beginning of Kelis and Paxton's story. Cross your fingers that I'll finish the story in April.

5 comments:

Chelle Sandell said...

I finally did it! I sent an entry submission into the Dixie first chapter contest. The deadline was the 26th...I mailed it on the 26th at 4:45 pm. The post office closed at 5:00...but I DID it! Good luck on your submission. I wouldn't have a chance against your ms but I might try it to see what kind of crits I receive. You guys have spoiled me.

But there is another contest coming up that you ought to try. The Molly and I've heard about the great final judges that are editors and agents. If you want to submit let me know and I'll e-mail you the info.

Jennifer Shirk said...

How exciting, Angela!

Good luck!

Chicki Brown said...

Good for you! Your writing is grand prize material, if you ask me.

Recently I entered the IBWA (International Black Writers Association) Unpublished Writer Contest and the Go On Girl Bookclub Unpublished Writer Award Contest. We'll see what happens, but even if I don't place, I'll get a written critique from IBWA. What have I got to lose?

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Angela. I've never attempted a contest but I think it'll be worth it.

Bella said...

Good luck, Angela. I got some wonderful feedback on my Light His Fire story from GOTCHA contest. Even if you don't place in the top three, some judges are really nice and thoughtful and give you honest feedback. Good luck.


Bella