Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What Happened to April Fool's Day?

I just realized that it's April 3rd and I'd totally forgotten about April Fool's Day.

And it was so easy to forget! I didn't get a mass email with a crazy joke, didn't hear mention of it in the media, didn't even get a prank played on me. What's going on?

Are we getting too jaded to appreciate the lighthearted fun of the day? Was it because it was Sunday? Has the war gotten the country so down that we think we can't laugh at ourselves? That can't be the case with all of the Sanjaya mania, Heather Mills leg watch and outrageous celebrity nonsense that's flooding the airwaves. I didn't even prank my own child. Every year I pull a stunt on her, she gets pissed and I laugh harder. This past Sunday we fussed with each other like two female territorial cats. (Beware of impending teenager!!)

Needless to say, I need a huge belly laugh and just didn't get one! Oh well! Maybe next year!

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Yeah, what's up with that?

I saw my brother on Sunday and when I realized it was April 1st, I was so expecting a prank from him. (He's the type that thrives on stuff like that)

But I didn't get a thing. I had a very tame April Fool's day, too. Wah!

Chicki Brown said...

It passed me by too. I did get a real chuckle on Sunday from Dierdre Savoy's blog though. And Sanjaya always sends me into a fit of laughter.

Chelle Sandell said...

I didn't realize we missed it until Tuesday. Mom was telling me about a joke she played on a friend. What am I - chopped liver?