Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

I just want to take this moment to wish Happy Mothers Day to:

My writing buddies:

Denise, Zaynah, Chelle, Bella, Evelyn, LaConnie, LaGuana, Dee, Tracey, Tash, Erin, Jennifer, Judi, Maggie, Donna, Lynne, and JL.

My friends:

Rhonda, Maria, Crystal, Damita, Renee, Gloria, Maxine, Jane, Freda, and Carolyn.

And my family:

My mother, Davonya, Chontell, Aunt Rosa, Aunt Alice, Kimberly and Yasmin Jefferson, Shaniqua, and Annie Jones.

AND of course, to myself. Under difficult circumstances and health trials I am doing an amazing job of raising my daughter. Recent months, she and I have butted heads over everything under the sun but we're still a team. No matter what!

For anyone I've forgotten, blame my head, not my heart.

Angela

5 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Thanks you, sweetie! I wish you the same, and want to offer you this bit of encouragement. As the mother of two daughters with radically different personalities, I've been through it all. Stand your ground and let her know who's in charge, but listen to her when she talks, hug and kiss her (even if she cringes), and PRAY A LOT that God always reminds her of what's right when she's away from you. One of my daughters went through that ugly stage, the other didn't. I kept them in church, and involved in activities they loved. I gave them a little freedom but not too much, and they both grew up to be beautiful women who love and serve God and have turned out to great mothers.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Thank you!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, too!

Dee Savoy said...

Happy Mom's Day!

Hang in there. They keep telling me it gets easier. I haven't seen that yet, but, I'm hoping. ;)

All the best,
Dee

Bella said...

I've been MIA for a while now, but I hope you had a wonderful mother's day. They say raising a family is the hardest job on earth so hand in there. My oldest girl is now 14 and I'm starting to pull my hair in frustration. Like Denise said, lots of prayers and stay firm.

Bella

Chelle Sandell said...

Thanks honey! Had a free moment and I'm trying to check everyones blog to say hi! I hope you have a great week! I heard something funny the other day about teenagers and wanted to share since our kids were almost same age. They said that teen years are preparing the parents for college so we won't miss them as much. LOL.