Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Tiny Bit of Success

Guess what?


I received a good news phone call last week announcing that my first chapter of "Can't Help But Love You" had placed as one of three finalists in the long contemporary category of Virginia Romance Writers' "Fool for Love" First Chapter Contest. Talk about excited! I was on cloud nine. This was my first ever submission to a contest and to have a tiny bit of success felt awesome.


To see my name in "lights" check out the link below.




Now I'm so motivated that I've already come up with a tentative name for my next project, "Do You Dream About Me?"


What do you think about a question as a title?


One of my crit partners, Denise "Chicki Brown" Jones uses a question as the title for one of her WIPs, "Have You Seen Her?"


AJ

8 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I'm keeping a file on the successes of my writing friend and just printed that page! I'm so excited for you. As soon as you write "The End" on this MS, query Patience at Harlequin.

Maggie Toussaint said...

great going, Angela! I'm so proud of you!!!!! This is an excellent milestone, and a good step towards publication. Keep on writing! Maggie Toussaint

Chelle Sandell said...

You go girl! What an incredible feeling. How's that for motivation? I love the new working title.

LaConnie said...

You go, Angela and major congrats on the writing contest!!

Much love,
LaConnie

elle said...

Congrats!

Girl, you more than deserve it!

Angela Jefferson said...

Thank you all for your kind words!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Woo-hoo!!

Now finish this book and send it out! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, Angela. Now use this to your advantage and send it out.
Congrats!