Monday, October 01, 2007

Self-Affirmation for the Writer in You

I found these wonderful affirmations by Shad Helmstetter, author of "The Self-Talk Solution," on the web today. Get your printers ready!

Self-Affirmations
* Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.


* I like and respect myself. I know I am a worthy, capable and valuable person.

* I guide my own destiny, and I’m accountable for the results of my decisions and actions. I reinforce my successes and correct for errors.

* I easily anticipate and experience events in my imagination before they actually happen.

* I am my own expert, and I am not affected by the negative attitudes and opinions of others.

* I easily balance the needs of my family with my own need to write.

* Creativity flows through me easily and effortlessly.

* I am a talented writer.

* I have a positive expectancy of big success, and I take temporary setbacks easily.

* I am a creative person and develop my plots with confidence and imagination.

* Images and words come easily when I sit down to write.

* I have unlimited potential; I have unlimited creativity.

* I happily accept the joys and responsibilities of being published and welcome success.

* I write daily with excitement, enthusiasm, and confidence.

* I am well-organized and have a vivid picture of my goals.

* I don’t wait for inspiration. Work inspires inspiration. If I succeed, I keep working. If I fail, I keep working. Whether I feel interested or bored, energized or tired, encouraged or discouraged, I keep working.

* I have the craftsmanship and creativity to successfully finish this book.

More self-affirmations from Shad Helmstetter:
(THE SELF-TALK SOLUTION)
* I have talents and skills and abilities. I even have talents and skills that I don’t know about yet. And I am discovering new talents inside myself all the time.


* I invest my time and energies where I choose. My time and energy are gifts which I guard and give by my choice - - but never by the demands, dictates, or the expectations of others.

* I am a winner. I am absolutely determined to achieve my aims. I am steadfast and persistent in the pursuit of my goals, and I will not give up.

* Each day my confidence in my self-expression grows stronger and even more positive. I express myself easily, without fear or uncertainty.

* Each day I consciously remove from my mind the imaginary bindings of self-doubt and the unnecessary limitations of uncertainty and fear.

* I am never afraid to try.

* I was not created to fail; I was created to succeed. Success is a part of who I am and a part of everything about me.

Pretty good, huh?

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

These are great. I think I'll share these with my local crit partners.

Thanks!

Chelle Sandell said...

What wonderful words of encouragement! Thanks for the inspirations.

PatriciaW said...

Angela,

I love your posts. This is a good one, as is the 10 Step Diet for the Verbose Writer.

I'm tagging you for a fun post. 10-20-30. The rules are on my blog.

PatriciaW