Wednesday, November 28, 2007

When Your Writing Sucks...

What do you do when you know your writing simply stinks up the room?
That's how I'm feeling this week. I just posted a chapter to my critique group and know it's a bunch of garbage. I'm trying to ignore the malaise in my pacing and plot and push through to the end of the book but --gee wiz-- it's all a bunch of drivel!
Quite honesty, the problem could not be with the writing but with my mood. I'm down in the dumps and blue this week. Why? I don't know. So my critique buddies are going to have to suffer through and for that I apologize in advance. I promise, things will get better.

AJ

4 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ah, well, we ALL go through this.

Some--like me--go through this at least once a month. :)

Chin up. You're a terrific writer!

Angela Jefferson said...

Once a month, huh? I guess I'm normal then.

Chicki Brown said...

Jennifer is right. You are one of the best writers in our group, but from what I've read all writers, including the famous ones, feel like this at one time or another. This too will pass.

It's 7:00 PM and I'm just now reading blogs...

Chelle Sandell said...

{{Oh honey}}. It's very normal. Sorry you're having a bad time with it. But I love your storyline and glad you started posting again. I'm behind on crits but looking forward to reading your new chapters.