Monday, November 12, 2007

Nose to the Grindstone!

Hey All!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been very busy with my WIP, outlining my next story, critiquing and life in general. I'm making great progress in Can't Help But Love You. The story is wrapping up nicely and now it's time for editing. I'm not looking forward to that because I know how difficult pulling a cohesive story together can be.

My daughter's 12th birthday was Saturday and I can't believe how much she's grown and changed. Gone are the days of Bratz dolls, cartoons and cuddles with Mom. Now she's talking on the phone with her friends as soon as she gets out of school (mind you, they just saw each other ten minutes before), wanting big-ticket electronics, watching music video, and mumbling under her breath how much I get on her nerves. Calgon take me away!

Well that's all for now. Hope to have more later this week. What are you working on?

Happy Birthday wishes today to Shaniqua and Charlotte!

AJ

4 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

The early teen years are tough, but you'll get through it fine if you don't let her drift too far away. Believe it or not, they really do still want hugs -- just not in front of anyone they know!

I didn't know you were plotting out a new story. Good for you. I was almost finished with Ch. 9, but right now I'm going back over all of Shontae's chapters to increase the tension between her and Devon.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ugh. Don't tell me this. My daughter is 5. I'd liked to keep her at this age. :)

Chelle Sandell said...

Having a teen sucks...I understand. But it's remembering what it was like at their age that makes me stand firm. {{hugs}}

I'm working on the rewrite for my WIP that you've done crits on.

Have a safe and happy holiday!!

Bella said...

I guess I"m lucky my 14 year old would much rather be sketching a manga or reading than talking to her friends...kind a worries me a bit. Anway, thought I'd stop by and wish you a happy Thanksgiving.

Bella