Thursday, June 07, 2007

Last Day of School...Yippy!!

Yesterday was my daughter's last day of school and I don't know who was more excited - me or her!

My excitement stemmed from the fact that I get a break from running back and forth to school - 4 times a day, 80 miles a day, and from the long nights of homework (no way in hell did we have this much homework in the sixth grade!) Also at the end of the month, I get a much-needed break from the stress of mothering the tempermental ball of love/hate I call my child while she is away visiting her dad.

I just don't know what to do with myself. Will I take the time to wrap up my current WIP, rest up and recharge my batteries after a bout of illnesses recently, or take a trip like Stella and get my "groove back."
ROTFL

Maybe a little of all three!

All I know is that I am too young and lovely (am I delusional or what?) to just sit around and rot away or feel sorry for myself. Besides, life is too short.

When my child gets back, we are definitely going on vacation together like we did last spring break. We had a ball riding a tandem bike on the boardwalk (well, she pedalled in front and I pretended to pedal in the back), going to see the sites and eating at a different restaurant every night.

So what are you doing this summer?
AJ

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Woo hoo! I feel your joy, girl. Now she can go torture her dad for a while. Hee hee!

I agree, you should do all three.
Just remember what happened to Stella for real ...

Angela Jefferson said...

Girl,Don't I know it! I ain't know fool. Just like you don't take sand to the beach, you don't bring it home either.Particularly not any funny-colored sand!!

Jennifer Shirk said...

That's great! Gotta LOVE summer.

Bring on your next chapter, girl!

We're staying home this summer--but we live at the beach!